Tuesday, October 26, 2010

man tattoos his own eyes

Not with a design or anything, just color of course but it's just as dangerous, or is it?


WAFB.com, Louisiana's news channel did a story on a man in Oregon who had his 98% of his body covered in tattoos.






Matt Gone is a tattoo extremist whose birth defects prevented some of the muscles in his body from developing properly and inspired him to get his first tattoo nearly 22 years ago.
"The tattoos make me not hate my body, even though my body seems to be hating me," he said.
Gone had his eyes inked two different colors. His doctors have expressed concern with the ink in his eyes causing infection, but Gone is assured that the procedure is safe.
"I patch tested it and was successful," he recalled. "I had to take the risk. I've done that a lot of times before. I'm not crazy. I'm trained. I have a lot of experience."
Doctors still disagree and think he has gone too far.
"The risk of putting a needle near your eye is grave," said Dr. Douglas Meier, an ophthalmologist with the Portland Clinic.
With 98% of his body inked including his eyes, Gone thinks that just about enough.
"I never really knew how far I would ever go," he said. "And this is about as far as you can go."

1 comment:

  1. I cringed while reading this! This guy is crazy! 98% of his body?! And then to go for the eyes?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete