Tuesday, September 28, 2010

florida artist spotlight

artist: Jason Ackerman
parlor: Lucky 7 Tattoos
location: West Palm Beach
address: 2120 Okeechobee Blvd - West Palm Beach, FL 33409
credit: Prick Magazine

How did you get involved with tattoos?
 I was asked by a new tattoo shop owner to come and check out his shop, and when I did I felt so comfortable in that environment and with those surroundings, I asked for a piercing apprenticeship. After piercing there for a few years, I realized that my heart was not into that. To keep me at the shop the owner offered me a tattoo apprenticeship, so I took it! It's almost six years later, and here I am. 

How did you find Lucky 7 Tattoos?
After being in the shop I was at for seven years, I knew I wanted a shop of my own, so I came to Lucky 7 Tattoos and have since partnered in with Trevor Wilson. Since leaving Big Kahuna, I have been afforded the opportunities to do guest spots, conventions, basically whatever my heart desires! 



What is your inspiration?
I draw my inspirations from a multitude of places. I have always been inspired by artists like Jime Litwalk, Mark Ryden, Pooch, and Crayola. I am also influenced by everyday life and personal experiences. With my art, I try to convey life's emotions. I think that I am an extremely emotional person, and that transfers into my work. My art seems to connect with my clients on a personal level, for most. They can relate to it because I am taking their ideas and/or memories and creating a piece of art that will be with them their entire life. 






More on Jason Ackerman can be found at his site http://www.jasonackerman.net


To check out the rest of the artists and/or to visit Jason for your tattoo work check out the Lucky 7 tattoo shop site http://www.l7tattoos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment