Thursday, September 30, 2010

tattoo stories

Tattoos can represent just about anything. On Cleveland.com a story came out that talks about a woman, Laurie Miller who celebrates her freedom from dangerous addictions with tattoos.



Laurie is a 49 year old assistant chemical dependency counselor who spent $800 dollars on two tattoos on her chest and back. Her work was done by artist Tattoo Man D.B (his location wasn't mentioned).


This is her story.

"I was addicted to drugs and alcohol for 29 years. I lost everything. My kids, my parents, my house, my car and my job. I hit bottom. I got counseling, and the woman saved my life. I've been clean and sober nine years. My tattoo reads 'Live Free or Die,' which is the motto of the state of New Hampshire. The woman who is blossoming out of a flower also represents my freedom from dependence on drugs and alcohol."


Such a strong story, and if you have anything to say or if you want to post your own inspirational story please leave a comment below or email me at hpchik@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment